(Last Updated On: June 19, 2016)

Date: Fall 1951
Location: Dugny-sur-Meuse, France
Time: night
Summary: A group of workers were attempting to re-charge the battery of their stalled truck, when suddenly an orange light illuminated the area around them and they saw a luminous orange globe on the ground nearby. Suddenly from out of the globe a tall beautiful woman stepped out. The woman was Nordic in appearance with long blond flowing hair over her shoulders. She wore a blue robe with a belt and was smiling at the men. She was carrying what appeared to be an infant in her hands, which she caressed lovingly. Abruptly the figure vanished and the globe suddenly brightened up taking on the appearance of a “jellyfish”. The witness felt a strange sensation of cold as if being inside an icebox. Soon the light blinked out and vanished. The men left the area convinced that they had encountered the “Virgin”.
Source: Raoul Robe, Regional Catalogue

Date:  Fall 1951
Location: Manila Philippines
Time: afternoon
Summary: Sixth grader Cornelio Closa from the Zamora Elementary School met in a nearby field, a beautiful girl dressed in white with long blond hair reaching down to her waist. She was barefooted, about Cornelio’s age, but she appeared to float, rather than walk when she moved beside him. Although the girl did not open her smiling lips, Cornelio was able to hear and understand what she said. When she touched his hand, he felt different, very light. He became unaware of his surroundings. He does not remember anything else of his first meeting with the mysterious blond girl. He apparently met the girl numerous other times. With her he was able to float around and traveled to many places in the city. He apparently obtained the ability to disappear at will. As he grew older he apparently returned to normal.
Source: Brad Steiger, Strange Disappearances

Date: September 1951
Location: Bloomington California
Time: 2100 & 2115
Summary: While sitting on the lawn outside their trailer park, Mrs Louise McDougall felt someone was watching her; on looking up, she saw a flying saucer hovering “not 20 ft up.” It was lenticular, perhaps 100 ft in diameter, and of a “gunmetal silver” metallic appearance. In its lower half were tall rectangular windows, in which could be seen against an amber glow 4 men, in one piece “jump suits,” with shoulder length hair. She turned a spotlight on the saucer, whereupon it shot off silently at incredible speed. About 15 minutes later it was back, hovering in the same spot, the figures still visible at the windows. After 6 or 7 minutes it again took off to the southeast. Witness’s husband and 3 others likewise saw it.
Source: Nicap & Lucius Farish

Date: September 4 or 5 1951
Location: Withdean, Sussex, England
Time: 0630A
Summary: Sheila Burton, in her late teens at the time, was staying with her parents when she woke up at about 630A got out of bed and walked over to the window that overlooked the long tree bordered garden from a height of perhaps 15 ft. Suddenly she saw something large and flashing descend at incredible speed onto the lawn, a large dome-shaped object settled down, panels like large doors opened and “men” got out from the fluorescent silvery craft. There were three “men” in all and each moved in a straight line across the lawn away from the vertical, central axis of the craft. They were 5 to 6 feet in height and had bald “Kojak style” heads. Each wore a dark green or khaki one piece garment and held a “machine gun like device”. These men continued walking for perhaps 30 feet, then stopped simultaneously and began walking backwards towards the craft in synchronization re-entering their respective panels and disappearing inside. The panels slid across the openings, red flashing lights re-started and the mass shot upwards vertically and was lost from sight. The whole incident lasted some 40-50 seconds and had been in total silence. It had occurred so quickly that the witness had not even thought of calling her parents. The object was described as dome-shaped and fitted well into the large garden, accordingly an estimate of its diameter as about 40 ft and height about 25ft can be made. Its color was silvery green, light green or lime. As the “men” walked in their respective directions they seemed completely oblivious of their surroundings and of the witness. These “men” had appeared identical in every respect, their one-piece suits included their feet, but ended tightly at the wrists, and at the neck in a “mandarin collar.” Their bodies were rather thin in proportion to their size and their legs seemed thick but short. Their arms were long, with hands and fingers apparently similar to humans. Their faces were expressionless and “odd”. The nose was small and pointed, the mouth was small with no lips, eyes were small and deep set, ears also were pointed. Their heads were bald and skin was similar in complexion to humans. From their right shoulders, down to the left hand side were thick, black bands which joined onto a stomach belt, also black, of the same thickness. Each held a device described as “like a machine gun” in shape. This consisted of a black cylinder some 20 inches long and 3 inches in diameter, rounded off at the rear end and pointed at the front. The devices were carried with both hands, but they appeared to do nothing with them. Their movements away from the object were as though they were mindless robots carrying out a pointless duty, this impression being strengthened as they all stopped and retraced their steps like a film played backwards. Immediately they re-entered the craft, the panels shut, then the red lights started flashing and pulsating brightly and the vehicle ascended vertically. No physical evidence or traces was subsequently found.
Source: Norman Oliver, Quest UFO Magazine and Bufora Journal Vol. 8 # 1 Jan/Feb 1979

Date: Sept. 6, 1951
Location:  Claremont, Calif. (E of Hwy 66?) (BBU 964)
Time: 7:20 p.m. (GMT?).
Summary: S/Sgt W. T. Smith and M/Sgt L. L. Deuel (?) saw 6 orange lights in an irregular formation, fly straight and level into a coastal fog bank.
Source: Berliner; FUFOR Index

Date: Sept. 9, 1951
Location: Off Nort Korean coast (BBU)
Time: 1850 hours local time.
Summary:  A high speed target was observed on radar on the USS Cony DDE 508, operating with Task Force 77. The object was tracked on a course of 225 degrees true, with a speed of about 900 knots for approximately one minute. The operator’s interpretation was “Many Bogies” on a line of bearing perpendicular to the course of the target. The AN/SPS-6B air search radar was in use and was functioning normally before and after the incident. ()
Source: Jan Aldrich

Date: Sept. 9, 1951
Location: About 50 miles off coast of North Korea (BBU)
Time: 6:50 p.m.
Summary:  Radar tracking of multiple unidentified targets at 900 mph.
Source: Jan Aldrich

Date: September 10, 1951: The Fort Monmouth UFO Case

Date: Sept. 10, 1951
Location: 3 miles NE of Asbury (Sandy Hook), New Jersey (BBU)
Time: 11:35-11:37 a.m. (EDT) 
Summary: USAF pilots Lt. Wilbert S. Rogers and Major Ezra S. Ballard flying in a T-33 at 20,000 ft from Dover AFB, Delaware, to Mitchel AFB, New York, on a NNE course at 450 mph saw a silvery metallic discus-shaped 30-50 ft object to their 11 o’clock position below their altitude viewed against the Sandy Point area and silhouetted against the ground. Rogers immediately turned left and descended to intercept the object which then banked, revealing its flat round profile, no appendages, no trail, and curved in more tightly on the turn than the T-33, covering an estimated 30-50 n. mi. in 2 minutes (about 1,000-1,500 mph), and seen projected against the ground near Red Bank and Freehold, New Jersey, as the T-33 descended to 17,000 ft, accelerated to 550 mph and covering about 120° of its 360° turn during the sighting. The object passed within about 8,000 ft distance of the T-33, descending from about 12,000 to 5,000 ft and headed at high speed out to sea near Pt. Pleasant at about 120° heading until disappearance.
Source: Sparks

Date: Sept. 13, 1951
Location: Goose Bay, Labrador (BBU 969)
Time: 9:30 [10?] p.m. AST (+-0100Z).
Summary:  Two GCA operators observed what appeared to be three targets on the PPI (Plan Position Indicator) scope. Warner B. Maupin and Cpl John W. Green, both assigned to 1932nd AACS Squadron, Goose AB, were on duty at the local GCA trailer at the request of the pilot of a C-54, No. 5527, inbound from Westover AFB, Massachusetts. They arrived at the GCA trailer and turned the equipment on and were awaiting further instructions from the pilot of C-54 or the tower when the following sequence of events took place. 
Source: Berliner; McDonald files; Jan Aldrich

Date: Sept. 17 [16?], 1951
Location:  3 miles NE of Marion, Ohio (BBU)
Time: 12:17 p.m. 
Cessna pilot Grover saw a black swept-wing object at 2,800 ft in near collision with his aircraft.
Source: Project 1947; FUFOR Index

Date: Sept. 17, 1951
Location: Atlantic (Hudson Strait to Baffin Island, Canada (BBU)
Time: 10:20-11:55 p.m. (EST).
Summary: USAF B-36 radar operator Major Paul E. Gerhart and navigator Major Charles J. Cheever on a flight from Goose Bay, Labrador, to Resolute, North West Territories, heading NW at 208 knots (239 mph) over Hudson Strait, picked up radar interference which came from an unidentified aircraft at relative bearing 130° (E) at 28 n. mi. (32 miles) heading away. Anti-jamming device on the APQ-24 radar was turned on at 11:20 p.m. but did not affect the jamming on the radar scope. At 11:35 jamming covered 120° of the right side of the radar scope and then an unidentified aircraft was seen visually on the right side of the B-36, which was then at 18,000 ft at 65°40′ N, 71°40′ W (over SW Baffin Island). Object had “unconventional running lights” all white instead of red-green, with twin white flashing tail lights, traveling about 30 knots faster than the B-36, crossed the front from right to left heading 334° true towards the NNW, and was in view about 20 mins [to a distance of about 12 miles]. While the object was still visible, at 11:50 p.m. the B-36 autopilot and APQ-24 radar set went out, the latter returning after a few mins about when the object disappeared. ECM operators S/Sgt. Donald E. Jenkins and S/Sgt. Doty T. Larimore on 2 B-36 flights from Goose to Resolute while still over Labrador the next day detected carrier wave signals at several frequencies and some radar­ like pulses at other frequencies, all below 1,000 MHz. 
Source: Jan Aldrich; cf. Hynek UFO Exp ch. 7, case RV-11

Date: Sept. 18, 1951
Location: Empire AFS, Mich.; Elkhorn AFS, Wisc.; Finland,AFS, Minn. (BBU)
Time: 4:35-5:31, 7:10 a.m. 
Summary: Air Defense Command sites P-34 & P-31, P-69, respectively. USAF CPS-6B and CPS 5 radar tracks of 6,000 mph (intermittent?) targets. ()
Source: McDonald files; Jan Aldrich; Grudge Rpt 1; FUFOR Index

Date: Sept. 23, 1951
Location: Nr. Long Beach Airport to Camp Pendleton, and March AFB, Calif. (BBU)
Time: 9:25 a.m. (PDT). 
Summary: 2 F-86 jet interceptors were scrambled from George AFB, near Victorville, Calif., then vectored by air defense GCI radar to [a target?] at 33°50′ N, 118°40′ W (off the coast about 30 miles W of Long Beach Airport), where the jets circled and headed E toward Long Beach when an object was seen at 12 o’clock high position at 7:55 a.m. in a left orbit at about 50,000 ft above the F-86’s, appearing to be a bright silvery aircraft with highly swept back 45° wings; [the F-86’s tried to climb to intercept the object but it climbed away in response]. Another 2 F-86’s were scrambled from George AFB at about 8:00 as the first 2 were running low on fuel and were released to return at 8:10-15 when the 2nd flight arrived. The 2nd pair of F-86’s was vectored by GCI radar to 33°20′ N, 117°30′ W (Camp Pendleton), arrived there at 8:10 at 43,000 ft [and circled?], spotted the object at 1 o’clock high back to the N toward Muroc/Edwards AFB appearing at about 50,000-55,000 ft in a controlled orbit right and left, appearing as a swept wing aircraft [that sped up when the F-86’s tried to close] and the object was found near March AFB, Riverside, to the NNW but they broke off intercept because of low fuel at about 8:20-25, landing at 8:45. 3rd flight of 2 F-86’s scrambled [at about 8:45??] from George AFB [?] saw the object shortly after takeoff seeming to be heading S as F-86’s made climbing turns up to 43,500 ft under the round silvery object [at 55,000? ft over the San Bernardino Mtns. ?] until breaking off intercept at about 9:25 a.m. A 7th F-86 was scrambled to the S toward Long Beach but the UFO was gone.
Source: GRUDGE Rpts. 1 and 2; Ruppelt pp. 94-5

Date: September 24 1951
Location: Near Orland Park Illinois
Time: 2300
Summary: The witness was walking through a wooded area when he felt a burning in his neck and saw a silvery object ahead in the woods, it was silvery gray and oval shaped. The witness felt paralyzed and two beings appeared at a window of the craft and asked him several questions. Under hypnosis he recalled that when he approached the craft about a dozen 18 inch tall beings walked towards him and jumped against his body, making high-pitched noises. They appeared frog like and had large slanted eyes, with slit like mouths and brown striped skin. Smaller bug like beings were also present, he ran from the area but felt heaviness and passed out. Later he continued walking and again encountered the object. Under deeper hypnosis he remembered waking up inside the object lying on a soft bed while a light shone on his face. Two five-foot tall humanoid beings approached, they had flat faces, hidden behind transparent shields and wore a one-piece suit with helmets. After the incident the witness suffered from chronic ill health.
Source: Thomas E. Bullard, UFO Abductions The Measure of A Mystery 

Date:  September 1951

Leave a Reply